Cell Phone Policy
Students may carry cell phones, pagers, or other electronic signaling devices on campus during the school day, but they must be deactivated and their use strictly prohibited on campus during the regular school day except:
- Phones/electronic devices may be used outside of the instructional day. This includes breaks, lunches, before and after school.
- During class time, which includes restroom breaks and other reasons you may be outside the classroom, cell phones/electronic devices are to be turned off. No exceptions. No excuses. Should you have your cell phone/electronic device on in ANY instance during the instructional day it will be confiscated by staff.
- Under no circumstances are cell phones allowed in the library, computer labs, or class hallways at any time. Cell phones/electronic devices will be confiscated and discipline matrix will apply.
- Teachers are to use discretion and will be responsible for monitoring cell phones in their classrooms.
- If your cell phone is confiscated, there will be no excuses for release. The electronic device discipline matrix will be applied.
Points of emphasis:
- Cell phones/electronic devices are to be deactivated during school instructional hours.
- Emergency calls to parents should be made through school pay phones or the school office.
- Cell phones/electronic devices will be confiscated upon use.
Parents must pickup cell phone/electronic device in the supervision office by 3:30pm or the following morning and an automatic Saturday School will be assigned. Violation to be entered into discipline record.
Parents must pickup cell phone/electronic device in the supervision office by 3:30pm or the following morning and an automatic Saturday School plus campus beautification will be assigned. 2nd Violation to be entered into discipline record.
Second offense discipline applies and may include in-house or off campus suspension for willful defiance of school authority.
Electronic Devices – IPOD’s/Discman/Walkman/Radios/Stereos
Students are encouraged not to bring Walkmans, Discmans, CD’s, or other such devices on campus. They are easily stolen and can create disciplinary problems in classes. PLEASE NOTE: Students are expected to have their electronic devices TURNED OFF and put away BEFORE entering the classroom. Students must follow teacher guidelines in individual classrooms regarding such devices. Failure to follow teacher direction will be considered defiance of authority. Radios, stereos, boom boxes, etc., that are used without headphones are not allowed on campus.
**EDISON HIGH SCHOOL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LOSS/THEFT OF ANY ELECTRONIC DEVICE